Caterpillar 3208 Specifications
- Air Intake: dry-type, single stage air cleaner
- Alternator: belt-driven, 51 amp 12 volt
- Cooling: transmission oil cooler, heat exchanger, engine oil cooler, watercooled exhaust manifolds, auxillary sea water pump, expansion tank, thermostats
- Flywheel and flywheel housing: SAE No. 1
- Fuel: RH or LH filter and priming pump, shut-off solenoid (ETR), air fuel ration control
- Governor: mechanical
- Lubricating: LH oil filter, filler, RH or LH dipstick
- Starting: 12 Volt electric
- Tachometer drive: mechanical
- Torsional vibration damper
Caterpillar 3208 375 horsepower turbocharged diesels which provide the 13 ton craft with a speed of 35 knots. The high performance and dependability of the Caterpillar 3208 has made it the definitive marine engine!
Cat 3208 engines are used in many work applications such as delivery trucks, dump trucks, garbage trucks, snow plows, flatbed trucks and school buses. The Caterpillar 3208 is also used in many agricultural and industrial applications such as lift trucks, ag sprayers, cranes, power units, genorator sets, tractors, excavators, wheel loaders, compactors, articulated trucks and backhoes.